Terms & Conditions:
Last updated: October 26th, 2020
© 2017 – 2021 Mark Meldrum, Ph.D. All Rights Reserved
All material on this website is protected under copyright. All course material made available on the website (including, but not limited to, videos, course notes, audio files, etc.) are intended for PERSONAL USE and are intended for educational purposes ONLY.
Outside from the uses outlined in these terms, any course material or other content on this site may NOT be reproduced for any purposes; this includes account sharing, content distribution, the resale of account access, learning products or support materials; all of which are STRICTLY PROHIBITED and may face being reported to the CFA Institute Professional Conduct Program.
- Account access includes the sharing of an account to any who are not the original purchaser; this includes (but is NOT limited to) a company account being shared (and material distributed) between multiple employees.
- Learning products and support materials include, but are not limited to: videos, PDF’s, question banks, mock exams and account access by way of sharing or pooling one account for the benefit of many.
Security measures have been enabled to allow the tracing and tracking of those that choose to ignore this policy.
The use of a VPN, or any sort of proxy, is not recommended when accessing your MarkMeldrum.com account. As we use third party software to ensure account security, the VPN/proxy can trigger the software, activating the security measure and shutting out the use of the account.
The Account Holder is solely responsibility for both maintaining their password in addition to the protection of any and all aspects of your account and it’s contents. The Account Holder will be held accountable should the Account be compromised. An account flagged for distribution, sharing or pooling activities will face immediate shut down. ABSOLUTELY NO REFUNDS will be issued should an account be shut down due to prohibited activities. Furthermore, your continued or future access to the markmeldrum.com website will be reviewed and may result in being permanently revoked.
markmeldrum.com reserves the right to update the Terms & Conditions for the site as deemed necessary for site improvements and content security. Any changes will become effective immediately after posting the updates to this page. It is the responsibility of the Account Holder to review the Terms & Conditions periodically to ensure that they are aware of the changes. If changes are implemented, the “Last Updated” date change to the date of the modification.
User Content/Candidate Site Conduct
The Account Holder agrees that are not infringing on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright etc. of any content submitted by them through the site; this includes but is limited to: comments, photos, etc.
The Account Holder also takes full responsibility for any content submitted by them to ensure that it is not in an offensive nature. Further, all Account Holders acknowledge that markmeldrum.com reserves the right to remove any and all accounts that create or participate in disruptive, dangerous or otherwise disrespectful behaviour within their participation on the site. This includes, but is not limited to: disrespect for markmeldrum.com faculty or other participating candidates, those that have engaged in academic misconduct (cheating, etc.) and those that have been identified as violating the Codes and Standards. These actions will result in the terminations of their account and their access permanently revoked.
Cancellations and Refunds
Due to the immediate availability of the content within the package subscription, we have adopted a strict no refund policy. Once record of access to the account and/or its contents is demonstrated, the Account Holder acknowledges that the purchase cannot be refunded or credited. If granted (under the sole discrepancy of markmeldrum.com), the account holder will be subject to an administrative fee in order to process the refund.
markmeldrum.com reserves the right to make modifications to the learning content at any time and without prior knowledge to the Account Holder. This includes but is not limited to: pricing, packages, videos, PDF’s, question banks, mock exams, addition/removal of content, etc.
Examination Dates & Package Extensions
Candidates must choose their examination date when purchasing their package.
The multiple date choices are NOT to be used as a failsafe from an unsuccessful examination attempt.
Content – particularly the mock exams – will be released according to the examination windows for each Level, so it is imperative that the correct examination date is selected or the contingent material will not be available to the candidate in time for study use.
Extensions for those that have not yet written the exam will be provided, within the same season ONLY and with the following restrictions:
- the registration receipt for the new examination window is submitted (the original PDF as provided by the CFAI)
- the mock exams for the current active package have not yet been released (dates for release are listed on the candidate’s invoice as well as on the Mock Exam menu page); once the mock exams have been released for the package, candidates are locked into that package and will be subject to an account extension fee:
– those having to retake their exam can apply for an extension for $75 CAD
** exam results and the registration receipt for the new examination window will be required for the extension fee to be activated. Extensions are ONLY available for the same year; they do not roll into the next year’s packages (ex: 2021 -> 2021; NOT 2021 -> 2022).
– those that did not sit for the exam and/or missed the deadline to extend the package (before the mock exams are released) could extend their package to another examination window for up to 50% of the advertised package price.
** registration receipt will be required; individual situations will be reviewed and any change in the price will be the sole discretion of markmeldrum.com, but candidates should be prepared for the 50% extension price as indicated above.
Extensions are ONLY available for the same year; they do not roll into the next year’s packages (ex: 2021 -> 2021; NOT 2021 -> 2022).
Accounts cannot be changed to a previous examination window. If a candidate purchases a package for August, but is registered for February, the account cannot be back dated and the candidate will lose the ability to access pertinent content and features pertaining to the examination they are registered for.
The Archive will be available to candidates for as long as they have their active MarkMeldrum.com account. This feature is a video library of the reading videos pertaining to that year’s CFA material and is intended for reference as candidates continue their pursuit of the CFA Charter.
Additional Archive details/conditions/requirements:
- section purchases DO NOT Archive; only the Full Access package purchases will be converted into an Archive
- for the 2018 year, section archives were allowed. These section Archives will expire as of June 2021; candidates will be given notice through their markmeldrum.com account of the upcoming expiry and the option to upgrade the section to a full Level Archive for a predetermined upgrade price. 2018 section Archives that are not upgraded will be removed.
- ONLY the reading videos are included in the Archive; PDF notes, seminar videos, review videos, mock exams, quiz builder, etc. are considered additional features and are not included.
- The Archive content DOES NOT update from year-to-year.
- The Archive content is NOT available in the App.
- The Archive will populate in a candidate’s account within two (2) weeks of the expiry date of the purchased package.
- The Archive remains in the candidate’s account only once they have demonstrated they have completed that level
- if a candidate purchases a new package at the same level, the previous year’s Archive for that same Level is removed and only access to the current content is provided (example: 2018 Level I Archive is removed if the 2019 Level I package is purchased)
The One-Fee to Completion subscription receives all associated access specific to the current level of the Full Access Subscription for each respective level as outlined on markmeldrum.com and is subject to change based on access changes made to the Full Access Subscription.
Additional OFTC package details/conditions/requirements:
- Content can only be updated ONCE per CFAI season; once updated the content CANNOT be reverted back to a previous Level (ie. if updated to Level II and candidate has failed, content CANNOT be reverted back to Level I) … for this reason content updates will ONLY be executed upon/after the CFAI releases the results for the examination period.
- To update the OFTC account candidates will have one (1) of the following options:
- Candidates will be required to upload their exam results* to receive updated content as verification that the content is intended for their study use; the system is fully automated to read the official CFAI PDF’s provided to each candidate and MUST include their name and CFA number, which will be compared/matched to their account information. The documents WILL NOT be accepted if they are edited or modified in any way.
- If exam results cannot be provided, the registration receipt* for the new/upcoming exam will be accepted in its absence (i.e: candidate did not sit for the 2019 exam, the registration receipt for the 2020 exam will be required to update the content).
- Candidates are provided with one (1) update “PASS” for each level; this grants the account holder one (1) update of content, within that Level, without having to provide the required documents as listed above. The one (1) pass for each level cannot be rolled over if not used within a previous level. Passes can only be initiated AFTER the results to the examination period have been released.
- OFTC candidates will have continuous access to the current package content until the CFAI releases the results for that examination period, upon which the successfully completed level’s content will archive.
- OFTC candidate will receive one (1) predetermined section of the next level’s content for continued study; the section will be released within five (5) days of the examination date and remain active until the CFAI releases the results for that examination period (i.e., Level I OFTC candidates will receive one (1) section from Level II, Level II candidates will receive one (1) section from Level III).
- Candidates are NOT entitled to a refund of the difference between the price of the independent level packages and the OFTC package price should they pass all included levels on the first attempt; this difference is the insurance against the repurchasing of the full package and is forfeited.
- In case of liquidation or any other instances where services are cancelled by the provider, the OFTC candidate will receive a refund of the package price for the unused Level portion of the OFTC package; package prices are based on the Full Access packages at the time of the OFTC purchase; the insurance cost associated with the OFTC package is forfeited and not available for refund.
*At no time is any of the provided information shared on the site nor with outside third-parties, it is strictly for account security.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.