Last updated: August 3rd, 2022
2533695 Ontario Limited operating as MarkMeldrum.com is a CeriFi Limited Liability Corporation (LLC) which supports CFA® candidates in mastering content for Levels I, II and III. We are located at 3625 Brookside Pkwy – Suite 450, Alpharetta, GA, 30022 and we own and operate this website (the ‘Site’).
- Describes how we gather and protect personal information (‘Personal Information’)
- How we use and share Personal Information
We do collect some personal information from you, as you can imagine it is important to us to know where our candidates live (in order to plan seminars and online events accessible in every time zone) and how to reach them by email (regarding account and payment issues). The information we collect, however, is never sold. We have no third party advertising affiliations and your content will never be data mined, lent, sold or otherwise manipulated for another organization’s benefit.
Information That You Provide to Us
- Contact information such as your first and last name, email address, login and password, home or business address, shipping address, telephone numbers, mobile numbers;
- MM.com website purchase history;
- Information that you share via the chat function on applicable Sites (please note that we do not collect consumer information via the Sites’ online chat or Contact Us function unless you provide it);
- Your course progress and any other information that you share in the course section of the Sites;
- Social media information, such as social media handles, content and other data shared with us through third-party features that you use on our Sites and other service (such as tools, payment services, widgets and plug-ins offered by social media services like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn) or posted on social media pages (such as our social media page or other pages accessible to us); and/or
- Other information that could reasonably be used to identify you personally or identify your household or device.
We may also obtain Personal Information from you where you expressly provide us with the information. Examples of sources from which we collect information include: letters, e-mails or other communications from you, information provided via web forms or inputs/uploads into our Sites, documents you have provided to us.
Your decision to provide us with Personal Information is voluntary, but if you choose not to provide any requested information, you may not be able to take advantage of all the features of the Sites or our Services.
Information That Is Automatically Collected
Like many businesses, we and/or our service providers may automatically collect and/or store certain information when you visit or interact with the Site and Services (“Usage Information”). This Usage Information may be stored and/or accessed from your personal computer, laptop, tablet, mobile phone or other device (a “Device”) whenever you visit or interact with our Sites. Usage Information may include:
- Your IP address, IDFA, Android/Google Advertising ID, IMEI, or another unique identifier;
- Your Device functionality (including browser, browser language, settings and behavior, operating system, hardware, mobile network information);
- Referring and exit web pages and URLs;
- The areas within the Sites that you visit and your activities there, including remembering you and your preferences;
- Your Device location or other location information, including the zip code, state or country from which you accessed the Services;
- Your Device characteristics;
- Certain other Device data, including the time of day you visit our Sites or other information used to provide analytics or other usage information;
- Information about your engagement with our emails; and
- Statistical information about how both unregistered and registered users, collectively, use the Sites and Services. This aggregate information is derived from Personal Information but cannot be tied back to you or your web browser.
For location information, some of our Sites and Services may include features based on users’ actual locations and may report on users’ current locations (“Location-Based Services”). To the extent you use any Location-Based Services, we may collect and store information about your location at the time you use those Location-Based Services (in addition to some automatically collected geolocation data). This information can come from a variety of sources depending on the device you use to access the Services; for example, a mobile phone may report its GPS location at the time Location-Based Services are used.
If you no longer wish for us or our service providers to collect and use location information, you may disable the location features on your device. Consult your device manufacturer settings for instructions. Please note that if you disable such features, your ability to access certain Site features, services, content, promotions, or products may be limited or disabled.
How We Use Your Information
We may ask you to provide Personal Information for the following reasons:
- To respond to requests for information about CeriFi and our Services, we may ask you for contact information such as your name, email address and phone number;
- To provide products and Services to you;
- To help you register for an account with CeriFi (MarkMeldrum.com);
- To verify your identity and to prevent fraud;
- To process your payments;
- To provide you with marketing communications such as emails and text messages about CeriFi and our Services
- To provide you with updates and other information about Cerifi and our Services;
- To improve the effectiveness of our Sites and Services;
- To protect the security and integrity of our Sites and Services;
- To comply with the law and protect the safety, rights, property or security of CeriFi and the general public; and
- For other purposes disclosed at the time you provide your Personal Information or as otherwise set forth in this Notice.
International Transfers of Data
Our Site is operated in the United States. If you are located in another jurisdiction, please know that your information will be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States. By using this Sites and providing us with information, you consent to this transfer, processing and storage of your information in the United States. It is important to note that the privacy laws in the United States may not be as comprehensive as those in other countries such as those in the European Union (“EU”). Our service providers use appropriate safeguards to transfer your Personal Information to the United States.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain areas of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your account has been compromised), please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you request to have your account deleted, we are happy to oblige you. Please understand that there is no restore capability, so the process is permanent.
We do offer cookies to enhance the user experience, for example, to store your login information or to bookmark where you left off in a video on your learning device. These are the only cookie functionalities we offer, as what you do on your time is entirely none of our business. We just want you to enjoy your experience at markmeldrum.com.
Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
You may view your Personal Information on file with us at any time by visiting the MY ACCOUNT page on the markmeldrum.com website. You may change some of your Personal Information, but please note that we may require additional information to authenticate your identity.
Changes to This Policy
It is the subscriber’s responsibility to review this Policy periodically. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will change the “Last Updated” date above. You are free to decide whether or not to accept a modified version of this Policy, however your acceptance of this Policy is required for you to continue using the Site.
If we make any changes, to this Policy that materially and adversely impacts previously collected information about you, we will obtain your prior express consent for processing information previously collected about you in such a manner.
Questions? Email email@example.com and we’d be glad to help.